The staff at Gnomon use this page to post notices of changes and recent
developments in the various areas listed below. Notices are listed in descending
data order, in other words the most recent changes/developments are at
the top of each category.
at Gnomon, Inc.
What's New on Gnomon's Web Site
What's New at Gnomon, Inc.
- Updated GSA schedule information (12/2004)
What's New at ESRI
- Gnomon, Inc. is pleased to announce that the firm was selected to work with Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Human Cultural Resources Laboratory on GIS and data management (9/2004)
- BLM California has chosen Gnomon, Inc. to assist the State Office and Field Offices in devising a business plan and model for GIS and data management of cultural resources (8/2004)
- The City of Sparks, Nevada has hired Gnomon to revise their ArcIMS web services, including bringing the entire application into version 9 of the ArcIMS software (2/2004)
- Gnomon, Inc., has been hired by the Churchill County Assessor to assist them in maintaining automated parcel maps (1/2004)
- Resource Concepts, Inc. has contracted Gnomon to provide cartographic and GIS support for Nevada Fire Safe Council's statewide community fire risk assessment and plan (1/2004)
- Naval Air Station Fallon has contracted with Gnomon, Inc. to customize an ArcGIS interface for testing of resource models (1/2004)
- Gnomon, Inc., with MACTEC Inc., is working for the Bureau of Land Management, Nevada State Office, on a study of the effects of fire on archaeological sites (10/2003)
- Gnomon, Inc., under subcontract to David Evans and Associates, is conducting cultural resource model building for the U.S. Forest Service in several parts of Nevada (6/2003)
- Gnomon, Inc. is pleased to announce the award Department of Energy Cooperative Agreement
DE-FC26-02NT15445 "Adaptive Management and Planning Models for Cultural Resources in Oil and Gas Fields". The project is a collaboration with the State Historic Preservation Offices of Wyoming and New Mexico, the SRI Foundation, Red Rocks Geological Research, Western GeoArch Research, the Bureau of Land Management, oil and gas producers and associations, and multiple agencies. (11/2002)
- The Legislative Counsel Bureau of the State of Nevada is using Gnomon, Inc.
to aid them in implementing ESRI's ArcIMS in an address by legislative district
- Pacific Legacy, Inc., under contract to CALTRANS has retained Gnomon, Inc.
to continue assisting them with cultural resources GIS and database development
and implementation (1/2002)
- Gnomon, Inc. is working with the South Dakota Army National Guard to automate
facilities map information into GIS and distribute it via the SDARNG intranet
- Gnomon, Inc. is assisting Churchill County, Nevada, in automating its easement
and parcel records into GIS and integrating them with document imaging tools
- The Colorado Division of Wildlife will use Gnomon, Inc., expertise to design
and implement a database for fisheries biology (9/2001)
- The Department of Energy National Energy Technology Laboratory is funding
a major research project on modelling and information systems development
for regulated resources in petroleum development. Gnomon, Inc., is the lead
organization in the project (3/2001)
- Gnomon, Inc., is assisting the Connecticut Army National Guard and other
states in facilities management software training and use (2/2000)
- Gnomon, Inc. was requested to assist the heritage program of the Sierra
National Forest (Clovis, California) in assessing their information needs
and opportunities (2/2001)
- Gnomon, Inc., is updating the USFS BAXTER heritage application
- Gnomon, Inc. was selected to conduct a GIS needs assessment for Churchill
County, Nevada. We will work with Automated Data Systems, Inc. (ADS) of Carson
City, Nevada to devise a plan for the county to integrate its major data systems
and GIS (10/2000)
- Gnomon, Inc. was awarded a multi-year contract from the Nevada State Historic
Preservation Office to automate the cultural resources records for the entire
state. The project will create an automated GIS and database network system
that contains all of the inventory and resource records for the whole state.
- We have new staff! A hearty welcome aboard. You can read about them by
clicking "about us" above.
- Gnomon, Inc. is now a reseller of ESRI's ArcPad software and of its ArcIMS
- Gnomon, Inc., in partnership with Harding Lawson Associates branch office
in Carson City Nevada have been awarded a contract by Nevada Department of
Environmental Protection for the purpose of wetland delineation within Nevada.
Gnomon, Inc. will develop a GIS for storing, maintaining, and analyzing the
wetlands database. (posted 4/7/00)
- The Nevada Army National Guard is continuing its contract with Gnomon,
Inc., for GIS support services. Gnomon, Inc., is assisting the Nevada Army
National Guard in equipping the Facilities Management Office with GIS functionality
for building, maintaining, and using Nevada Army National Guard facilities.
- Gnomon, Inc., recently completed a GIS tool for South Lake Tahoe Public
Utility District which automates Well Head Protection Area delineation. The
tool uses spatial and tabular components to model protection areas based on
user input. (posted 4/7/00)
12/2004 ESRI has released Service Pack 2 for ArcGIS 9, ArcIMS 9, ArcSDE 9. All users of these software packages should update their software with these comprehensive service packs. They are quite large to download (from the ESRI web site).